By the end of March, the place where a school has stood in Crestwood for 50 years will be little more than a muddy field. Demolition crews are currently removing asbestos from a portion of the building, and ripping the rest to pieces. The gymnasium is the oldest portion of the building, built in 1949. The first classroom wing of the building was build in 1953, with additions in 1957, 1968 and 1978, creating a piecemeal, labyrinthine structure. The replacement building opened for class Jan. 20.