Presented by the Oldham County History Center, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on June 26
The tiny town of Westport has a huge history that dates far back, long before Oldham County became a county in 1824. Native Americans once inhabited the area before the town began as a land grant bestowed upon Elijah Craig for a Treasury Warrant on May 22, 1780. Some years later, on April 25, 1796, Craig sold the land to Joseph Dupuy and Harman Bowman for 450 pounds. It was a solid investment that would produce a once flourishing river town on the banks of the Ohio River.