.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Fire sweeps through home in Park Lake

-A A +A
By John Foster

 house in Park Lake subdivision went up in flames March 10 after embers from a debris fire leapt onto the roof.

A man who rents the house was burning limbs in the backyard when the house caught fire, according to Suzanne Russell, whose daughter owns the house. A neighbor tried to spray the house with a garden hose, but to no avail. When crews from the South Oldham and Pewee Valley fire departments reached the house, nearly half of it was engulfed in flames. Right, Russell calls her daughter, Donyea Saari, who lives in Texas, to tell her about the house. They’d recently remodeled the house and had it up for sale, she said.A