- Special Sections
- Public Notices
South Oldham will offer ACT Prep class in January
South Oldham High School is offering an ACT Prep Class, open to all students, for the Feb. 7 ACT test date.
The cost of $150 includes eight 90-minute strategy sessions, two practice tests, and a practice book, but not the cost of registering for the test itself.
Classes will meet at SOHS from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays starting Jan. 8. The first practice test is Jan. 10. Call 241-6681 or 241-5412 after 5 p.m. for information or visit www.sohs.net.
Operation SPIRIT offers parenting classes
Operation SPIRIT, which stands for Supportive Parents Involved in Raising Incredible Teens, will offer a several sessions of parenting classes beginning in January at two campuses.
Classes offered at the South Oldham campus include:
• Parenting 101-3: Drugs and Alcohol, three-session course – Room 121.
Offered from noon to 1 p.m. and 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. Jan. 14, 21 and 28.
This parent-facilitated class features three of the eight “Parent to Parent” videos and focuses on drug and alcohol use among teens and pre-teens. Each session will begin with a 30-minute video followed by 30 minutes of open discussion. Session 1: Introduction to the Toxic Culture; Session 2: About Drugs and Alcohol Part 1; Session 3: About Drugs and Alcohol Part 2.
• Parenting 101-8: Parent to Parent, eight sessions – Room 121. Offered from noon to 1 p.m. and 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. Feb. 4, 11, 18 and 25 and March 4, 11, 18 and 25.
The class features all eight “Parent to Parent” videos.
Classes offered at the North Oldham campus include:
• Parenting 101-8-DIV: Parent to Parent for Divorced Parents, eight sessions from 9 to 10 a.m. Jan. 5, 12 and 26, Feb. 2, 9, 16 and 23, and March 2 at the North Oldham firehouse.
This small group is specifically for divorced parents.
• Parenting 101-8: Parent to Parent eight sessions from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 12, 20 and 27 at North Oldham Middle School’s media center. Class is for parents who need to get through the material as quickly as possible.
• Parenting 101-8: Parent to Parent, eight sessions from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Jan. 15, 22 and 29 and Feb. 5 at the North Oldham Firehouse. This parent-facilitated class will cover two sessions per class.
To register, visit www.operationspirit.org.