- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Jones earns Austin Peay State University’s presidential scholarship
Lauren Elizabeth Jones, daughter of Keith and Joyce Jones of Crestwood, earned a presidential scholarship from Austin Peay State University.
Jones graduated from South Oldham High School in 2008, where she was class historian, vice president of the National Honor Society and a member of the senior advisory board and FCA. She is studying pre-medicine and biology at Austin Peay.
Four Oldham students named National Merit semifinalists
Joshua Rosenberg of North Oldham High School and Andrea Atkin, Sean Kruer and Elizabeth Schaller all of Oldham County High School are in the running to become National Merit Finalists.
About 90 percent of the semifinalists are expected to become finalists, and half of those students will be awarded scholarships. Overall, the state of Kentucky has 228 semifinalists. There are about 16,000 nationwide semifinalists in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
Homecoming week activities announced for South Oldham
The following events will take place the week of Oct. 4 to 11 for South Oldham High School’s homecoming:
• Pancake breakfast with SOHS cheerleaders from 8 to 10 a.m. Oct 4;
• Cornhole tournament, 11 a.m. Oct. 4 at Varsity Pizza;
• Tailgating party with SOHS cheerleaders, 5:30 p.m. Oct. 10, in the main parking lot at SOHS;
• Homecoming Dance, 7 to 10 p.m., Oct.11, Kavanaugh Center, $10 per person; and
• Alumni/Booster Club party, 8 to 10 p.m., Oct. 11, Varsity Pizza.
Awards will be announced at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 10 at the football game.
For information, call 876-9267 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.