.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Crestwood Elementary Temporarily Evacuated

-A A +A
By Kenny Colston

Students and staff at Crestwood Elementary were temporailry evacuated around 1 p.m. Tuesday after light smoke started filling a utility room. 

South Oldham and Pewee Valley fire responded to the reports of smoke. No students or staff were harmed. 

South Oldham Fire Chief Eddie Turner said the smoke came from a wire in the utility room that was part of the school's air conditioning system. Once the problem was found, all electric running through the wire was shut off, eliminating the smoke. 

The whole incident took less than an hour before the all clear was given and students allowed back into the building.