- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Norton Brownsboro Hospital opened Aug. 26 – the not-for-profit system’s fifth hospital in Louisville. The hospital is located in northeastern Jefferson County in Old Brownsboro Crossing, a retail, office and medical space development off Brownsboro Road, near Interstate 71 and the Gene Snyder Freeway, just east of The Summit shopping center.
The hospital, located between the outpatient Norton Medical Plaza and Costco, will serve patients in Henry, Oldham, Shelby and Trimble counties and northeast Jefferson. It opened with 112 beds, 600 employees and nearly 500 medical staff members.
Hospital services include cancer services; cardiovascular and pulmonary services; neuroscience services; orthopaedics and spine services; women’s services; and additional services such as emergency medicine, endoscopy, outpatient diagnostic services, physical/speech/occupational therapy and surgical services.
Special features include:
• large, all-private inpatient rooms furnished with a refrigerator, safe for valuables, television, outlets for personal electronic equipment as well as a sleeper sofa spacious enough for a family member to comfortably spend the night;
• all-private preoperative and postoperative rooms;
• an entirely digital radiology department, providing enhanced patient comfort, and safer, faster and more accurate diagnostic imaging test results;
• televisions in patient rooms equipped with the GetWell Network, an interactive education and entertainment system that allows patients to learn more about their medical condition, review important hospital information, communicate with hospital staff and more;
• computer stations and wireless Internet connectivity throughout the hospital available for guests;
• 24/7 visiting hours, music therapy services; and
• simplified registration through self-registration kiosks.
Visit NortonBrownsboroHospital.com for information or call 629-8200.