- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Be on the creative side of the tracks with the 13th annual Arts on the Green, a fine arts and crafts festival, on June 2 and 3. La Grange courthouse square will come to life with original, handcrafted painting/drawing, photography, ceramics, sculpture, glass, jewelry, mixed media, consumables, metal and wood, and fiber, juried in by artists, business associates and art enthusiasts.
During the opening morning of Arts on the Green, judges with expertise in the nine categories, select the award winners for each category and overall Best of Show. Best of Show winner is the Featured Artist at the 2013 Arts on the Green.
Come by Saturday evening for food, music and relaxation, all on picturesque grounds with the opportunity to meet other artists and members of the Arts Association of Oldham County.
Festival hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Parking is available at the Oldham 8 Theatre lot on First Street with pick-up and drop-off every 30 minutes.
Arts on the Green is a free event. Tickets for a chuck wagon dinner Saturday night are $40 and include music and storytelling.
For info, visit aaooc.org.
Saturday, June 2
10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Fine Arts and Craft Show with 100+ Artists and Demonstrations. Painting, Ceramics, Sculpture/Metal, Wood, Jewelry, Consumables, Photography, Mixed Media, Glass and Fiber
• Kid’s Art Contest 1-13 yrs.
• Art Raffle
• Food, Drinks, Fun
• Join the Arts Association
5 p.m. – 10 p.m. Chuck Wagon
• Libations, Dinner, Music and Storytelling
Tickets $40. Available in advance at Gallery 104 or call 222-3822. Tickets available at the Chuck Wagon Tent at 5 p.m. if not sold out. Tickets are limited. Festival seating.
• Music by Rob McNurlin, Les Worley, and Randy Ackerson and by the Rainjunkies
• Hosted by Tim Curtis, OC WoodSongs Coffeehouse
• AOG Winners Announced
• Storytellers : Jim Zimmerman as 1st Lt. C.S. Wood during Nez Perce Indian War and Richard Luce cameo appearance
Sunday, June 3
10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Fine Arts and Craft Show
10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Breakfast with the Artists
• Enjoy your morning with breakfast, music and art
• Gospel Music with Denise Watts-Wilson on the WoodSongs Stage
12 p.m. – 2 p.m. WoodSongs Coffeehouse Stage
• Hosted and music performance by Tim Curtis
• Music performances by Thomas McShane, Lea Cockrell, Angie Lavelle and Mike Prather
2 p.m. – 5 p.m. OC First Robotics Team, Engineers of Tomorrow Demonstration Main Street
4 p.m. Winner announced “Start your own art collection”
Parking is available at the Oldham 8 Theatre lot on First Street with pick-up and drop-off every 30 minutes to the Main Street entrance of Arts on the Green.
Be sure to visit the Colonial Trade Faire at the Oldham County History Center, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
Proceeds benefit the Arts Association of Oldham County.