- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Angel Food Ministries is a non-profit, non-denominational organization that provides fresh and frozen food items sold at about half the price to help people with their grocery bills.
Anyone of any income level can buy the food.
The $30 August box includes:
• 1.5 lbs. ribeye steaks (four 6-ounce);
• 3 lbs. individually quick frozen split chicken breast;
• 1 lb. boneless center-cut pork chops;
• 2 lbs. mac andee^beef dinner entrée;
• 1.5 lbs. breaded all white meat chicken nuggets;
• 1 lb. 80/20 lean ground beef;
• 1 lb. bake or fry fish sticks (32 sticks);
• 1 lb. frozen corn;
• 1 lb. frozen baby lima beans;
• 1 cello-wrapped iceberg lettuce;
• 2 lbs. sweet potatoes;
• 15 ounces pork and beans;
• 1 lb. rice;
• 32-ounce 2 percent shelf stable milk;
• 1 dozen eggs; and
Several other boxes are available for $22 to $40, including a senior box, allergen-free box and four specials.
Orders are due Aug. 16. Food stamps, cash and money orders are accepted.
Orders are accepted from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Aug. 12, 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 15, and noon to 1 p.m. Aug. 16 at La Grange Presbyterian Church, 1901 Prestwick Drive, La Grange.
Orders are also accepted from 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 14 at New Life Community Church in Bedford, and from 9 a.m. to noon Monday and Tuesday at New Castle Christian Church.
Distribution is 8 to 9:30 a.m. Aug. 29.
For information, visit AngelFoodMinistries.com.